Thursday, March 20, 2008

Now, that's what I'm talking about

The other day I found this fantastically cute swimsuit at Boden.



Polka-dot, vintage inspired swim suit that comes in green? Yes please.

I decided to sign up for a free account and was really hesitant about giving them my email address. I just got a new one and didn't want to fill it up with junk emails. After a few seconds of delibration, I decided to go for it.

Imagine my surprise at recieving this email in my box the next day:

Hello,

I'm Johnnie Boden and I'd like to thank you for visiting our website. A lot may have changed since this business began more than 13 years ago, but our values have stayed the same.

I set out to provide competitively priced, well made, individual clothing that doesn't date. I wanted to do this with a sense of fun, style and attention to detail, backed up with an honest, efficient and friendly service - the kinds of things that couldn't be readily found elsewhere.

What all this means is that we are a little different from other companies, in that we don't just 'sell stuff'. I'm as passionate now as I was then about the quality of everything we do, from the product specification right the way through to delivery and after sales care. You may not want to take my word for it (as I can go on a bit), so just put us to the test instead. You'll get a special offer with your next catalogue to tempt you and reduce the risk even further.

I do hope you like it.

Johnnie Boden




Well, all be darned, I really liked getting this nice little email. I'm sure it's a form and I'm sure they send it out to a million people, but I still really liked getting it. The tone just seemed sincere and lovely.

If I had an online store I would do exactly the same thing for all my customers.

3 comments:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

very cute suit - thanks for sharing! love them email.

erinannie said...

I love your blog. And your incredibly cute taste in clothes. You give me great ideas ALL the time!

Courtney said...

Wow!! Good business model!! I'd do business with them. It's the little details that really make a difference. :)