Monday, May 01, 2006

Shuffle

Sunday morning I woke up early and rearranged all the furniture in my bedroom. My bed which was pointed to the West is now pointed North. I moved my circle chair up to the attic because it was just taking up space, and that was what I was craving.

Space.

Please, oh please can't I find some more space somewhere.

I never really understood why people cut themselves. I've heard people do it to feel like they are in control of something. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they feel like things in their lives are so out of control, but cutting makes them feel like they have a handle on things.

I think this is same reason why some people become anorexic.

And why my roommate has fanatical drive to go to the gym.

And why I move my furniture around.

1 comment:

Anth said...

I am really glad you express your desire for control by moving furniture, rather than slicing yourself up. Ha ha

I think I express my desire for control by cleaning the kitchen. If the kitchen is clean, then my life is under control. Even if a tornado known as my husband has hit the rest of the house.

Katie I am SOOOOOO excited to see in June!!!!!!!